Friday, June 13, 2008

My Summer Reading

Posted by Princess Eva Angelica at 6:42 AM


The first day of summer in the northern hemisphere is the day of the year when the sun is the farthest north. This is June 21st. I love long summer days, so it is a great time of year for me.

Since summer is ready to begin, I am ready to pick out a book for my summer reading. I am a slow reader, so it will be just one book this summer.

Should I pick a witty and humorous novel or a top business book on social networking? How about reading a historical or biographical tome like the 944 page Team of Rivals, by Doris Kearns Godwin (my very enjoyable summer reading a couple of years ago)? No, my pick this year is the Handbook of Christian Apologetics: Hundreds of Answers to Critical Questions by Peter Kreeft and Ronald K. Tacelli.

Here is my thought, what bigger questions are there to consider than some of the following issues:

  • The existence of God
  • Faith and reason
  • Providence and free will
  • Miracles
  • The problem of evil
  • The Bible's historical reliability
  • Life after death
  • Heaven and hell
  • Salvation
  • Christianity and other religions
  • Objective truth

I have some ideas on a number of these issues. But as I have been asked questions lately by my very inquisitive daughter, I have come to see that I do not know as much as I think I do.

So it is back to the books: A look at some of the deeper questions about life.

What will you be reading this summer?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Marketing Plan - Pat Jancook Blogs | Design by [blogger merak dua]